House of Hesed is hiring! If you know someone that might be interested or if you’re interested in joining our team and making a difference in the lives of those that live at Hesed, we’d love to hear from you.
Live-In Staff Person
Live in Staff assumes responsibility for the management of the house in the absence of regularly scheduled staff persons or in emergency situations. Room and Board is provided.
- Belief in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour and a willingness to share the faith with clients at
- The ability to work in a controversial social area, live in community, and a genuine desire to serve people living with HIV/AIDS.
- Knowledge of and ability to work with substance abusers, to problem solve and be effective with conflict resolution and mediation.
- Able to work independently, and respect, adhere to, and represent House of Hesed’s Mission Statement and code of conduct.
- Knowledge of Universal Precautions, and CPR/First Aid Course required.
- A minimum 1 year commitment is required.
- Help prepare and share in the evening meal in the absence of regular staff person. May be required to cover the evening, overnight, or weekend shifts as per specific job descriptions. (Note: Live-in staff person would be paid if ever called to cover more than 5 shifts per month).
- Respond appropriately to medical situations as per guidelines, and assist staff in case of emergency.
(Any food and/or toiletries for the exclusive use of the Live-In Staff is to be purchased and supplied by the Live-In Staff person).
For more information about this position please contact Rebecca @ 415-1459 or email
You should also fill out a job application (PDF or Microsoft Word) and send it to us!